Tuesday, July 30, 2019
From Yogananda's NEW SUPER COSMIC SCIENCE COURSE (1934) - LESSON 1 - PRINCIPLES AND EXERCISES FOR REJUVENATION!
PRINCIPLES AND EXERCISES FOR REJUVENATION
1. Stand erect with arms stretched straight above the head. Relax while holding this position. Throw breath out and keep breath out for the duration of 14 counts. Inhale and feel that you are drawing energy through the finger tips into the medulla and body parts.
2. Put chin on chest, tightening muscles of the throat. Slowly inhale, lifting head up and bending it backward. Relax, drop chin on chest, and exhale.
3. The mental Rope Jumping Exercise. Swing your hands as if you are swinging a rope and jump over the imaginary rope.
4. Exhale, and Squat on the haunches, sitting on heals. Stand, inhale, and hold breath, Counting 1 to 10. Then exhale and drop to squatting position again while exhaling. (Knees should not touch the ground and back should remain erect through whole exercise). Repeat five times.
5. Raise arms sideward, shoulder high. Swing them forward, touching palms in front, then swing back to side position. Repeat 10 times.
Super silence method.
Sit on a straight chair, spine straight. Expel the breath quickly, and keep breath out, counting mentally 1 to 10. Inhale slowly, hold breath, counting 1 to 10. Repeat 10 times.
Then expel breath and forget it, not caring whether it comes in again or not. Concentrate on the toes of the left foot and say, mentally, “Om.” on each toe. Do same to the toes of the right foot. Then concentrate on the sole of the left foot. Say, “Om”. Do likewise with the right foot. Concentrate on the left and right calves, mentally saying “Om”. Do the same with the left and right thighs, left and right haunches, navel, abdomen, liver, spleen, stomach, pancreas, heart, left and right lungs, left and right hands, and arms, left side of neck, right side of neck, front throat and back of neck. Say “Om” mentally, concentrating on the pituitary gland, pineal gland, medulla, point between the eyebrows, mouth, big and little tongues, on the left and right nostrils, on the left and right eyes, left and right ears, cerebellum, and cerebrum. Then go up and down the coccygeal, sacral, lumbar, dorsal, cervical, medulla, and Christ Center at the point between the eyebrows, mentally chanting “Om” Try to feel that the whole body is surrounded within and without with the holy vibration of “Om.”
Mentally add, multiply, subtract, or divide numbers. (For example: 12 and 123 = 246; 123 and 321 = 444; 444 divided by 2 = 222).
Sit quiet and meditate on the joy of silence. Think of that joy as communion with God. The more you meditate, the more you will realize that nothing else can give you that refined joy but the increasing joy of Silence. That joy-contact in meditation is the contact of God. Pray deeply with devotion, first for God’s love, then for wisdom, happiness, health, prosperity, and then for the fulfilment of any specific legitimate wish.